Teacher Grants 2017-2018:
Because of your generosity the Timber Ridge Foundation is excited to be able to award $7,600 in teacher grants for the 2017-2018 school year! Thank you for supporting the Foundation, teachers and every student at Timber Ridge!
- All students: Moby Max; Type to Learn program; Green Screen setup for presentations; Music iPad apps (Music); iPad document camera (Art)
- Preschool: Emergent Literacy/Preschool resources
- Kindergarten: Reading Eggs computer-based reading program
- 1st Grade: Ten-frame math manipulatives; Reading Eggs computer-based reading program; Osmo Genius Kits; Rocket Notebooks/Pens; Magnifiers & Paintbrushes for STEAM activities; Privacy boards; Social Studies Weekly
- 2nd Grade: Adapted Mind software; Book sets
- 3rd Grade: Sadlier Vocabulary Workshop
- Counseling: Mindset Matters curriculum unit
Teachers submit their grant requests to the Principal in early September. Grants are reviewed and then brought to the Board for approval. Purchases are made by the end of October so that resources and tools can be used as soon as possible.
Together we can do more for our school, teachers and students!
Donation Drive Final Raffle Winners:
The Timber Ridge Foundation would like to thank all our donors for making our Donation Drive the most successful yet! We hope you had a great time at the Monster Mash last week! Below are our final raffle winners:
GRAND PRIZE – Principal for a Day – Justin Ho (4th Grade)
Silver/Gold/Platinum Prizes (donated $500 or more):
- 4 One-Day Park Hopper Tickets to Disney World – The Williams Family (John David)
- 5 Days/4 Nights Cancun Package – The Nicholaou Family (MacKenzie & Courtney)
- $100 Tin Lizzy’s Gift Card – The Tako Family (Marlen Etah)
- Reserved Parking Space – The Brandt Family (Savanah, Reiss, Eden & Estelle)
If you did not pick up your raffle prize at the Monster Mash, they are available to sign for in the front office.
On April 28 & 29, 2018, Musical Theatre Workshop will present Aristocats Kids. The cast is open to 3rd, 4th and 5th graders at Timber Ridge. Spots for the show fill up fast, so please send an email to Vicki Chase at email@example.com if your child is interested in signing up. Rehearsals will be after school on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 2:20 to 4:00. The parent meeting for the Aristocats musical will be in the Learning Commons Tuesday, December 5 @ 5 p.m.