Mark your calendar with these important upcoming dates!
Meet & Greet:
Congratulations Big-Ticket Drawing Prize Winners!
The winners of the Foundation’s Big-Ticket Item Raffle were drawn at the Monster Mash on October 25th. Congratulations to the winning families, and thank you for your generous support of the Timber Ridge Foundation!
Trip to Cancun – The Singh Family
Orange Theory Package (3 sessions, bag, towel and water bottle) – The Jones Family
$100 Tin Lizzy’s Gift Card – The Koontz Family
Medieval Times (2 tickets for dinner and show) – The Kuyumcu Family
Principal for the Day – The Wolfe Family
Timber Ridge Parking Space – The Coleman Family
Donation Dollars at Work
Take a look at what the Foundation was able to do for our school with the generous donations from our Timber Ridge families and sponsors! Make your donation for the 2018-2019 school year here!
Some important dates are coming up!
Popsicle Party and Meet & Greet!
Timber Ridge Foundation: THANK YOU!
As we come to the close of another school year, the Foundation Board would like to thank those families who donated so generously this year as well as those who participated in our events. We are proud and excited to inform you that the Foundation raised over $118,000 these past ten months! Our Donation Drive brought in a record $62,000 with 70% participation!
Some highlights from the year:
- Over $40,000 in technology purchases and school grant requests, including laptops with charging cart, Lexia Learning, and MyOn
- Over $17,000 in teacher training, grants and professional development
- A full-time computer lab manager and assistant for Lexia program and an ASA Monitor
- $5000 in gift cards, one for every teacher for classroom supplies
- All in-house science field trips with High Touch High Tech
Our annual report can be found online here.
Have a great summer and thank you for supporting our school!
4th Annual Timber Ridge Run 5K: THANK YOU!!
The Timber Ridge Foundation would like to thank all the generous businesses that sponsored our Ridge Run 5K. We appreciate their willingness to support our school and our mission. Please patronize these businesses as a thank you for supporting our kids!
Zaxby’s (Johnson Ferry/Lower Roswell), Willy’s (East Cobb), Pinnacle Orthopaedics, PRO Martial Arts, Mathnasium, Marietta Martial Arts, Kid Chess, Jersey Mike’s Subs (East Cobb), Eye Level East Cobb, Lindsey Adams – Coldwell Banker/Global Luxury, Nia Pediatric Dentistry
Brainy Builders, STREM HQ, Angie Callahan – Certified Personal Trainer, Atlanta Curb Appeal, Carmon’s Landscaping Inc., Timber Ridge Foundation, The Orange Iris, Enoch & Lamei Orthodontics, Timber Ridge PTA, Alicia Watley – BEAUTYCOUNTER Consultant, CarBuyerUSA, Jill Fields – Rodan + Fields Independent Consultant, Seriously Addictive Math of East Cobb, JAG Financial, Inc., Johnston Orthodontics, Rubin Family Chiropractic, Marlow’s Tavern, The Macallan Group, LLC, David Karol Gore, P.h.D., P.C., Aquascape Environmental, The Coder School of East Cobb, Reilly Dental, The Home Depot (Merchants Walk), Ortho Sport and Spine Physicians, Enna Banai Real Estate Group, Rhythm Dance Center, Northside Hospital, Tijuana Joe’s Cantina
Marlow’s Tavern, Nia Pediatric Dentistry, The Coder School of East Cobb, Brainy Builders, Alicia Watley – BEAUTYCOUNTER Consultant, Seed/Stem, Intrigue Salon, Salata, SmallCakes, Chick-fil-A, High Country Outfitters, Merchant’s Walk Theatre, Picaboo, Menchie’s, Starbucks, Tin Lizzy’s, Orange Theory, Spa Finder, Big Peach Running, Sugar Benders, California Pizza Kitchen, X-Drenaline, Olea Oliva, Learning Express, Cycle Bar
Teacher Grants 2017-2018:
Because of your generosity the Timber Ridge Foundation is excited to be able to award $7,600 in teacher grants for the 2017-2018 school year! Thank you for supporting the Foundation, teachers and every student at Timber Ridge!
- All students: Moby Max; Type to Learn program; Green Screen setup for presentations; Music iPad apps (Music); iPad document camera (Art)
- Preschool: Emergent Literacy/Preschool resources
- Kindergarten: Reading Eggs computer-based reading program
- 1st Grade: Ten-frame math manipulatives; Reading Eggs computer-based reading program; Osmo Genius Kits; Rocket Notebooks/Pens; Magnifiers & Paintbrushes for STEAM activities; Privacy boards; Social Studies Weekly
- 2nd Grade: Adapted Mind software; Book sets
- 3rd Grade: Sadlier Vocabulary Workshop
- Counseling: Mindset Matters curriculum unit
Teachers submit their grant requests to the Principal in early September. Grants are reviewed and then brought to the Board for approval. Purchases are made by the end of October so that resources and tools can be used as soon as possible.
Together we can do more for our school, teachers and students!