3rd Annual Ridge Run: Saturday, April 29, 8am
Last day to register online is April 27th! Click here to sign up.
RACE DAY INSTRUCTIONS
Saturday, April 29
– Race begins at 8:00am.
– Race Day Registration is $30 and starts at 7:00am.
– Race warm-up and stretching begins at 7:30am.
Packet Pick Up
We will be holding a Packet Pick Up at Big Peach East Cobb from 4:00pm until 7:00pm on Friday, April 28. Please come pick up your swag bag, bib and shirt ahead of time if you choose.
You can also pick up your bag, bib, and shirt on race day at the school beginning at 7:00 am. There will be a bag drop area available by the track for those who wish to leave their bags during the race.
Parking- VERY IMPORTANT
The Timber Ridge parking lot is reserved for staff, volunteers and sponsors ONLY. Parking will be available in the lower lot of St. Ann’s with a shuttle provided. The shuttle will begin at 6:45am and will run back and forth to the school, with the final drop off at 7:45am. The return shuttle will begin at 9:00am and will run until 9:45 am. You may also park in nearby areas of the school. Carpooling is highly recommended.
Water will be available at the aid station at the halfway turnaround on Roswell Road. Bagels, bananas and water bottles will be available at the finish line
There will be overall prizes given for male and female winners. Medals will be given for the top three finishers in each age group. Awards and prizes will begin at 9:15am
Our sponsors have been so generous! During our awards ceremony, we will be pulling bib numbers for fabulous prizes
- Braves tix
- Target gift cards
- High Country gift cards
- Big Peach gift cards
- Movie tix
AND MORE!! Don’t miss hearing your bib number called!
THANK YOU 2017 RIDGE RUN SPONSORS FOR YOUR GENEROUS SUPPORT!
Teacher Grants 2016-2017
Because of your generosity the Timber Ridge Foundation is excited to be able to award $12,000 in teacher grants for the 2016-2017 school year! Thank you for supporting the Foundation, teachers and every student at Timber Ridge!
- Preschool: Can Do! Science Discovery Kit
- Kindergarten: Teacher Development on Early Literacy Development and Focus on Phonics to benefit all Kindergarten students; Daily 5 Literacy materials
- 1st Grade: STEM activities in monthly rotations within the classroom; Subscription to Kidblog; ELA and Math apps for iPads; Subscription to Sumdog for Reading and Math
- 2nd Grade: ELA and Math apps for iPads; Subscription to Sumdog for Reading and Math; Mindset Matters subscription
- 3rd Grade: Subscription to Sumdog for Reading and Math; Mindset Matters subscription
- 4th Grade: IXL online subscription for math and language arts
- 5th Grade: Moby Max writing class enhancement; IXL online subscription for math and language arts; Hands-on science and health materials; Teacher Development for GSTA conference; Books for Literature Circles and Book Studies;
- Computer Lab: New headphones
- Additional Professional Development Funds for Teacher Conferences and Training
All items and subscriptions have already been purchased/ordered and are being used by teachers and students.
Together we can do more for our school, teachers and students!
Board Members for 2017-2018
We are excited to announce the Board Members for 2017-2018!
Angie Callahan – President
Gayle Kenah – VP, Secretary
Sima Valvani – Treasurer
Radha Gumidyala – Website and Communications
Angela Blackwell – After-School Activities
Heather Coleman, Alex Dudley and Beth Schutz – Donation Drive
Janet Slaton and CJ Whyte – Community Sponsors
Amanda Johnson – Community Sponsors Coordinator
Steven Grimberg – Monster Mash
Drennan Mulberry – Art Show
Moira Leary – 5K
Donation Drive Wrap-Up: We Met Our Goal!
The Timber Ridge Foundation thanks you for all of your generous donations during our annual drive! We were extremely excited to meet our donation goal during a successful “wrap-up” party at Monster Mash. To date, we raised $55,275 with over 65% participation from Timber Ridge families! What a wonderful testament to the amazing community we have at Timber Ridge. This money will go a long way in enhancing your child’s education while at Timber Ridge by providing exceptional learning tools and programs to ensure their success!
Special thanks to Moira Leary, Brennan Mulberry, Jody Adair and all our volunteers for their efforts to put on a fun evening for our students at Monster Mash as well as Alex Dudley, Heather Coleman & Megan McHale for their work on the donation drive since July. Timber Ridge is the wonderful school it is thanks to countless parent volunteers in many roles. Thank you for supporting the Timber Ridge Foundation!