Willy’s Spirit Night: Tuesday, March 27th, 5:00-8:00pm
The Timber Ridge Foundation invites you to a fiesta at Willy’s on Roswell Road on Tuesday, March 27th. Willy’s will generously give back 15% of all sales from 5:00-8:00pm to the Foundation!
Come out for an evening with family and friends and have some delicious, fresh, Mexican food, made to order! Great to eat in or take-out.
Timber Ridge Foundation Announces Board Members for 2018-2019 School Year:
Gayle Kenah – President
Jenny Munn – Secretary
Sima Valvani –Treasurer
Cathy Keaveney – Website and Communications
Betsy Thompson– After-School Activities
Debbie Otto & Melissa Ford – Donation Drive
Beth Schutz – Company Matching
Janet Slaton & Steven Grimberg – Community Sponsors
Melissa Rhoden – Community Sponsor Relations
Kristi Sarmiento – Spirit Nights and Events
Moira Leary – Monster Mash & Art Show
Jodi Bossak & Sarah Britt – 5K
Thank you to our outgoing Board members for your time and dedication to our school and our students! Board Members rolling off: Angie Callahan, Radha Gumidyala, Angela Blackwell, Heather Coleman, Alex Dudley, Amanda Johnson & Drennan Mulberry
4th Annual Timber Ridge Run 5K: Saturday, April 21st at 8am
The Timber Ridge Foundation will be hosting the 4th Annual Timber Ridge Run 5k on Saturday, April 21st, at 8am. Mark your calendars and plan to join your favorite TR teachers and staff for this friendly race… a fun run for the whole family!
To register, click HERE.
Interested in sponsoring the Ridge Run? Looking to volunteer at the event? Please contact Moira Leary at email@example.com or (831) 236-1631 with any questions.
Teacher Grants 2017-2018:
Because of your generosity the Timber Ridge Foundation is excited to be able to award $7,600 in teacher grants for the 2017-2018 school year! Thank you for supporting the Foundation, teachers and every student at Timber Ridge!
- All students: Moby Max; Type to Learn program; Green Screen setup for presentations; Music iPad apps (Music); iPad document camera (Art)
- Preschool: Emergent Literacy/Preschool resources
- Kindergarten: Reading Eggs computer-based reading program
- 1st Grade: Ten-frame math manipulatives; Reading Eggs computer-based reading program; Osmo Genius Kits; Rocket Notebooks/Pens; Magnifiers & Paintbrushes for STEAM activities; Privacy boards; Social Studies Weekly
- 2nd Grade: Adapted Mind software; Book sets
- 3rd Grade: Sadlier Vocabulary Workshop
- Counseling: Mindset Matters curriculum unit
Teachers submit their grant requests to the Principal in early September. Grants are reviewed and then brought to the Board for approval. Purchases are made by the end of October so that resources and tools can be used as soon as possible.
Together we can do more for our school, teachers and students!